You are here
The TGA works closely with overseas regulatory agencies.
- Therapeutic Goods (International Agreement-Notice of Prohibition) (Minamata Convention on Mercury) Instrument 2021
9 August 2021: The Minamata Convention facilitates a global approach to address concerns relating to mercury, which is persistent, toxic and highly mobile in the environment once released, and recognised as a substance producing significant neurological and other effects in humans.
- Launch of international pilot programme on inspection of manufacturers of sterile medicines
19 December 2019: TGA and its international partners are launching a pilot programme to increase their cooperation in the inspection of manufacturers of sterile medicines for human use
- Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP)
7 December 2016: The MDSAP aims to strengthen existing international cooperation in the field of medical device evaluation
- TGA participation in the IMDRF Table of Contents (ToC) pilot
24 September 2015: The TGA will participate in the IMDRF pilot to trial the ToC submission format
- TGA joins EDQM's CEP assessment process
17 June 2014: The TGA is set to strengthen its collaboration with the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and HealthCare (EDQM)
- Medical device amendments to the EU-Australia MRA on conformity assessment
30 November 2012: Amendments come into effect on 1 January 2013
- Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement
11 February 2005: The Australia-US Free Trade Agreement came into force on 1 January 2005